Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday in Paris

I took the train yesterday into Paris. Sundays are generally not so good, because most of the stores are closed. However, yesterday a large wine store, Lavina, was having it's 10 year anniversary celebration and we were "advised" by our oenology professor to attend. The benefit of showing up was receiving their year membership free (normally 15 euros) which entitles you to 5% off of all purchases and special invitations to wine events throughout the year.

Lavina would put any wine store in the US to shame. It was 3 floors of wine....and all price ranges from 10 euros to 10,000!

They have "degustation" machines, which allow you to buy a tasting card in denominations of 10, 20 and 50 euros so that you can taste different wines....the more expensive the bottle, the more costly the taste. I tasted a 2005 Gevry Chambertin for 4 euro and the bottle sold for 55. They had a 2001 Haut Brion which sells for 250, so the taste was 15 euro....I passed on that one.

I bought one bottle for 40 euros....saving it for when one of the big projects I am working on is completed. Maybe I'll open it when I am finished with Accounting,....and as you can imagine, not my favorite subject....I'd rather have a root canal than work on my accounting project.

Tomorrow night I am attending the graduation of last year's MBA class. Hopefully I will be in their shoes this time next year......and hoping this next year flies by! Missing you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment